The program of teaching of the School Daitokai is very vast
and understands some of this that the bushi of the clan
Takeda-Aizu studied. The beginner begins with the study of the
jujutsu together with the kenjutsu
up to the rank of 2nd dan; subsequently will be introduced to
the study of the other weapons as jutte, shuriken, kodachi,
tessen. Techniques are primarily learned through kata:
pre-arranged two-man exercises. Learning through a kata is the
foundation of all traditional Japanese martial arts.
THREE STUDY AREAS
Three study areas of the Aikibudo created by Takeda
1. aikijujutsu: composed of jujutsu + aikinojutsu techniques
2. kenjutsu: kendo-no-kata, gogyo-no-kata and Ono-ha Itto-ryu
3. other weapons: jutte, kodachi, tessen, tanken.
The hand-to-hand combat, its technical program is
concentrated on fighting techniques called aikijujutsu, which
include kicks, punches, elbow strikes, throws to the ground,
strangle holds, joint levers, and pressure on the human body´s
vital points. Techniques are primarily learned through kata:
pre-arranged two-man exercises. Kata allows for the safe
practice of techniques. The many techniques of the aikijujutsu
are transmitted and catalogued in scrolls (densho) which, in
this case of the hiden mokuroku, is divided in a series
Fundamental part in the Daitokai. We study and practice
3. Ono-ha Itto-ryu (Takeda-den) kata.
ONO-HA ITTO-RYU 小野派一刀流
Ono-ha Itto-ryu is a traditional kenjutsu school (a
sub-style of the Itto School) created around 1580 by
Ono Tadaaki (1565-1628). Ono was a disciple of Ito
Ittosai, who in turn founded the Itto-ryu. Ono-ha Itto-ryu was
the Shogun’s kenjutsu school until the Meiji restoration
(1868). The senior captains and commanders of the Tokugawa
Shogun guards came from the Aizu clan that were taught this
Kenjutsu stile.Takeda Sokaku (1860-1943) learned this sword
style not from his family, but from Toma Shibuya in Aizu at
the Yokikan dojo.
This program is taught to the rank of 3rd dan of our School,
in the international seminars some parts of this program are
- Kodachijutsu ( 小太刀術 ) : short sword techniques.
- Tessenjutsu ( 鉄扇術 ) : iron fan techniques.
- Shurikenjutsu ( 手裏剣術 ) : throwing of small knives
- Bojutsu ( 棒術 ) : stick techniques.
- Juttejutsu ( 十手術 ) : iron truncheon techniques.
- Tankenjutsu ( 太刀術 ) : knife techniques.